Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dark Evil Matter


The CERN Large Hadron Collider is up and running although nothing has been collided..... yet.
What a sweet machine tunnel smashing thing. I'm still not sure what a Hadron is but when they collide I'll bet it's cool.






I'd be willing to bet it's something like this:




Or this:



One more if I can get a way with it:



I think it might be on a smaller scale, more controlled and more science-y.
In all the things I learned/heard about the LHC is that there was going to be a even bigger collider built in the only place that could handle 54 miles of underground tunnels (the LHC is only 17 miles)... Texas. The Superconducting Super Collider (that's two supers) was underconsturion untill 1993m in Waxahachie, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment