Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Work

I have come across many variations a shopping cart chair. Those works do not move me. I have seen many images thought out time of people riding in, sitting in and steeling shopping carts. It seems to me that a shopping cart chair is old hat.

When re-purposing something and changing it's function, I find that it is most effective when the re-purposed object is taken out of its original context. Changing it in to something that makes you stop and look at it.

The grill was on the back porch when I moved in, it only had two legs and where the third was supposed to be it was propped up on a wicker chair. Already having my own grill that was in much better shape I left it out there, knowing that I would find a use for it later, Then one night I thought a chair. Now that is something that you don't see every day a grill used as a chair.

I have not decided what to call it,
either "The Hot Seat" or "The GrillMaster."



2 comments:

  1. I like the dude sitting in the bucket seat. Too bad he doesn't come with the chair.He does look like a true grillmaster sitting in the hot seat. The yellow gloves are classy. I think whoever buys the chair should get the gloves or maybe the hat. After all, just because summer arrives doesn't mean you won't need a hat like that. Very creative. For sure, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever. Suggestion...How about a soft chair cushion on the wire grill? This would add a thoughtful touch of comfort for those of us with less personal padding in that region of our anatomy. Sitting and watching the steaks (or hot dogs)oooooooooooooooh life's so good.

    ReplyDelete