Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Flying Machine...

I am currently working on
THIS!!!



"Flying Machine" inspired by the Hiller Flying Machine (VZ-1 Pawnee).
It's a 4 h.p. Craftsmen lawn mower engine mounted on to a fiberglass (and foam armature) with steel.



I glassed the steel on to the foam armature with lots of shrink wrap to hold it in place.

Link


I still need to make a "propeller" and give the engine a tune up and once over.
More body work needs to be done as well glassing as well as bondoing and the paint job that will finish it.

No, I do not expect it to fly I do however what it to feel like it might at any second lift of the ground. I will be satisfied with it shaking and making lots of noise with out moving much.

On an other note I am happy that I am remembering to document the building of stuff (sometimes when I think of it). Camera phones help very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment