Monday, January 13, 2014

Bathroom Part 3, Rough Work

With demo all done its time to do the hard work. I pulled the cast iron stack and replaced it with ABS so I could rough in the new plumbing.  New wiring and lighting went in. There was only one outlet in the bathroom, one light, and no vent fan. Now there are 5 lights, 4 reassessed in the peak and one by the sink, multiple GFI outlets to go in as well as a vent fan in the only place I could figure it can go.  The room was not insulated. I put in foam board in and when the roof gets done it will be ready for venting.






Since I pulled the radiator and I had a 3" step to make up I decided on radiant floor for the heat.  I also don't have to try and figure out where to put the radiator.



The radiant floor even went in to the shower pan.



The shower is going to get glass block in the window.
I still have somethings to finish up the shower and tub drains as well as putting the built-ins back in. 








I have to start thinking about tile, fixtures, and colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment