Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's Like A Train Wreck, You Just Can't Look Away.

Make Television has to be one of the most disappointing shows that I have ever come across. Now to be fair the most of the segments aren't bad. The segments featuring artists, inventors, and other sorts of "Makers" are usually pretty good. But there are two things that have to change first the Maker Workshop and Maker to Maker.

The Maker Workshop segment has one main problem and that is John Park, I don't believe for one second that knows what he is doing or that he has ever made something on is own. He comes across as just doing the scripts line by line nothing more. There are plenty of examples of the how-to on tv, now I'm not saying be like other shows but learn what makes them work and use that.

The other segment that needs help is Maker to Maker, I like the concept of the segment but the people sometimes come across as stiff and flat. They are in traced by the camera.

The show comes across as trying to reproduce the web site on tv, and that can't work it needs a host or some other way to tie everything together.

I want this show to be good and it is almost there.

I keep watching every week hoping that it will better but every time it ends I am frustrated and have to walk away. I have even cut back on going to the makezine web site because of the association. The show is produced by Twin City's Public Television my local public tv station, the home town crew needs to pull it together, in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment