Thursday, April 23, 2009

the week in re-view

I haven't posted in a while but I have been working on a fue of projects while darting off to the campground to help get ready for the spring.

I have been working on two main projects one is "Thor's Hammer" and project B is a bicycle that is being retro fitted with an electric scooter motor an EV of sorts.

May 2nd @ 7:05PM is the MN Thunder home opener at the NSC in Blaine MN. I decided that we need more then banners and flags. Enter the God of Thunder's Hammer.


I made it all from scrap wood and pvc I had floating around and made a shell and filled it with spray foam for structure.

Bondo, lots of Bondo over the plywood to fill the grain.


It is about 5 feet all (ish) the handle is mare from 1-1/4 pvc pipe with caps and fittings on it to close up the pipe and what not.


I just like this picture.

I am currently working on the paint job for the hammer and it will be done for match day. I will post pics of the finished product on the 2nd, come see it in person I will have it for tail gating and he game.

Note: Bruce is back, check out duNord.

OK covered sport.

I was working on some projects this week and my drill crapped out on me and that put a damper on all the things that I wanted to to, but my new one just got here so a break just as the weather turns sour. So I could not get what I wanted done on the bicycle.

I am bolting a scooter motor to an old Schwinn mt bike. The frame is steel so i have just welded new parts to and there is not much left to do but mount the motor and make the seat. Unlike other motorized bicycles that I have seen, I am removing the peddles and am using pulleys to drive it in replacement of feet to that I can use the transmission. All the other projects that I have seen are all direct drive.
Sorry I don't have pics, but I will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment